Board of Director Minutes Jan 12, 2009
Hosted by Ginny Greiman
January 12, 2009
Present: Andy Hackett, Gail Wick, Suzanne Blasi, Ross Furner, Lisa Fanelli, Andrea Pollack, Hye Won Lee, Elliott Norton, Ginny Greiman, Meg Carlson
- Call to Order at 7:20pm
- Previous meeting minutes:
- Minutes approved without objection
- Old business
- Officer Reports
- President's report
- Website: final training of board directly following this meeting
- The Gateway is now working and as of 30-Dec has been accepting credit cards.
- Treasurer's report
- As of 30-Nov we had $7648.55 in savings
- Fiscal Year-to-Date we are in the black by $492.48
- Red Sox tickets will be sold in January online only.
- VP of Programs' report
- We had between 250 and 350 people at the bowl game watching party, including taking up all 4 floors.
- 24-Jan: Big Ten Pub Crawl
- 21-Jan: Networking lunch in Harvard Square
- 7-Feb: THON Fundraising event
- We are seeking raffle items
- VP of Membership's report
- 153 Households currently
- Several board members need to renew their memberships. Lisa will follow-up individually.
- Goal for 2009: Identify a creative initiative for a membership drive
- VP University Relations
- Silent Auction: currently beginning solicitation for gifts. All Board members should plan to contribute an item
- With her professional workload Ginny is looking for help or someone to fully take over the University Relations responsibilities for the remainder of her term. She will continue to work on the silent auction
- Committee Reports
- Alumni Admissions: 8-Mar: Offer Reception in Newton
- LionsROAR needs to include this in their announcements to students
- Community Service: 17-Jan: an event at Saturday's Bread/ Sunday's Bread. Future events in the works.
- Newsletter: With the website working Meg and Andy will create a postcard and send out to the membership advertising the website and the Red Sox ticket sales
- Spring Social: location is set as the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel.
- Member Benefits: Scott Karow is the new chair for this committee
- New Business
- Good of the Order
- Volunteer Recruitment:
- Goal: solicit new alumni who just graduated
- The Alumni Association provided labels for all alumni in the area so we can send out an interest letter
- We will dispose of the labels and request an electronic list because we cannot afford a letter to all these people. There looked to be over 2000 names on the list.
- Open Positions:
- Football chair
- Activities chair
- Membership committee chair
- VP University Relations
- Hospitality chair
- Next meeting: Monday, February 26th, 2009, at Lisa Fanelli's condo complex.
- Meeting closed at 8:17pm